Does your pretty toenail turning black in color? Do you have any idea why you are getting such dark toenail? Well here is what you need to know about this particular black toenail discoloration issue.
However, in this blog, you will get entire information regarding black toenail fungus or melanoma. So, let’s dive into this informative post to know every aspects of black toenail in detail.
What Is Black Toenail Fungus?
Presence of Toenail fungus transforms the color of the affected toenail or fingernails. Some commonly encountered nail discoloration issues due to nail fungus are: yellow toenail infection, black or dark toenail infection, white superficial onychomycosis (WSO) and much more.
Toenail fungus or onychomycosis or tinea pedis is a very irritating nail infection and also contagious disease and in some cases, it is found that it is hereditary. Though there are many reasons behind getting this ugly nail fungus but and also needed to be treated as soon as you will see the first sign as if left untreated then the situation become worse.
Here in this blog, we are going to discuss black nail fungus. It is a contagious infection and is characterized due to its horrible look and odor. This is a common problem people are facing today due to weak immune system, diabetes. It can also be affected if a person is walking barefoot in the public places like public showers or at the swimming pools.
Well, it doesn’t matter whatever be the reason behind getting this irritating ugly black toenail infection all you need is to treat the black toenail fungus effectively. Here you can follow the best home remedies for black toenail for quick treatment.
Why Does Toenails Turn Black?
As we all know the natural colors of the toenails are white then what’s the reason that transforms your bright toenail to dark toenail. If your toenail turns black, it is most likely a bruise under the toenail which is also known as subungual hematoma. You must have got this bruised toenail issue from hitting a toe or from footwear that Compaq your feet into the front of the shoe. Initially bruise nail appears red then turns purple or dark brown and finally acquires black color when blood clots under the nail left untreated.
Well black toenails are attributed to so many cause, some of which resolve on their own. But if your nail doesn’t get better, you will need to visit your doctor to find out whether there is something more serious about this black toenail.
What Causes Black Toenail Fungus?
Two common examples are mentioned-below to know the causes of black toenail fungus in a proper way.
- Those who run on hills or play soccer may often suffer from black toenails. Also, a shoe without enough space for the longest toes is to blame. When the toe rams the foot slides around or into the shoe then blood is pushed back under the nail each step or kick.
- Usually, these are caused when your toe rubs up against the front of your shoe or your socks. When the nail tissue gets damaged then the fluid builds up behind or below the existing nail. It creates a great pressure and thus it causes the black toenail to be very painful. The black color takes place due to the blood capillaries breaking underneath this pressure.
But what if you are not a runner, your shoes are not that pack nor you haven’t hurted your toe anywhere; yet you have this black toenails.
Other causes of black toenail:
This includes anemia, diabetes, heart disease, or kidney disease.
Due to these nail fungal infections nail dislocations starts which transform your nail in green, white or yellow in color. Apart from this fungal infection sometime causes black toenails from keratin debris buildup under toenail.
It is a serious form of skin cancer that appears as a black spot on toenails. Such black spot can also occur under the nail beds.
- Toenail injury or Trauma:
One of the most common reason of having this black toenail is toenail injury or trauma which causes the blood vessels under the nail to get break. This leads to bleeding underneath the nail which with the time transform to darker toenail.
You May Also Like:
Ridges In Toenails: Possible Causes & Effective Home Remedies Treatments You Can’t Miss
Is Black Toenail Fungus Contagious Or Dangerous?
When you are infected with toenail fungus infection, then it is likely that it get spread from one toenail to another on the same foot. The same is with the case of black toenail fungus.
Even it can move to your other foot and it can also spread by everyday items such as socks. This fungus infection can also spread very easily because fungi are very resilient and also very difficult to remove. However, washing your socks is not the only thing which you can do to prevent the infection.
Apart from this, you have to do some other work so that you can kill the bacteria or fungus. Originally the infection occurs whenever your toenail comes in contact with the surface of the contacted person by an infected toenail.
Some of the common ways of spreading the infection are by sharing shoes or clothing with an infected person. It can also be infected by sharing pedicure tools with that person who is infected and walking barefoot in gym showers and pool areas.
Onychoschizia Or Split Toenails – Learn Its Causes, Treatments & Preventions
How To Get Rid Of Black Toenail Fungus
Some most effective black toenail fungus home remedies are mentioned below. So, now you don’t need to go anywhere to look for how to treat black toenail fungus.
All these remedies are too simple to get used so you don’t have to give much of your time. Just take a look below to get complete idea on what natural remedies are should be used to remove black toenail fungus and how to apply them regularly for better and faster result.
Remedy #1: Neem Flowers
Neem flower is rich in medicinal properties that work great to treat black toenail fungus infection. It has such anti-inflammatory property that gives quick relieve from burning sensation.
How To Use:
Soak few Neem flowers in 1 cups of water at least for 10 hours. After then squeeze the flower in same water. Now filter the liquid using the pieces of clean cloth. Drink this water for several times a days.
- You can also add some neem leaves in the water and then add this boiled water to the bath tub.
- Sink your feet in it; you will surely get great relief from that burning sensation.
Toenail Rot – Important Facts & Treatments That You Can’t Overlook
Remedy #2: Baking Soda
Why It Is Effective?
Baking soda is the best remedy to be used for toenail fungus treatment, it will also help neutralize the smelly foot odor.
How To Use:
In order to treat toenail fungus infection, you just have to simply add one-half cup of baking soda, one-half cup of Epsom salt and one-fourth of 3% hydrogen peroxide to four cups of hot water.
Now mix the ingredients thoroughly and then add one-fourth cup of white vinegar to it. Now soak the affected toenail in this solution for at least 15 minutes and then wash the clean water and dry your foot thoroughly.
Remedy #3: Use Essential Tea Tree Oil
Essential tea tree oil is one of the most effective ingredients you can use to treat black toenail fungus. Tea tree oil is the most common and the easiest home remedy for black toenail fungus to apply at home. This special ingredient can treat several toenail fungus infection with an ease.
How To Use:
The methods you can apply to use essential tea tree oil are as follows:
- You can apply the undiluted tea tree oil along with the olive oil to the area affected by nail fungus.
- Just put a few drops of tea tree oil on the toenail infection and then rub it every day.
- For some other helpful remedy, you can also mix equal quantities of olive oil, tea tree oil, thyme oil. After this, you can apply the mixed oil on the black toenail fungus infection area. You are then required to keep this mixture on your toenail for about 10-15 minutes and then try to scrub the affected nail with the help of toothbrush.
- If the scrub the affected toenail in a gentle way then it will marsh off the uppermost layer of the toenail that commonly used to contain the fungus. Try applying tea tree oil for some regular days to get rid of toenail fungus completely.
Try This: How To Apply Tea Tree Oil For Toenail Fungus In No Time
Remedy #4: Try Listerine
Listerine on toenails is another best ingredient that can help you a lot in getting rid of black toenail fungus. This special ingredient contains several antiseptic properties of several alcohols and some other substances that are usually found in the mouthwash. Listerine contains eucalyptol and salicylate thymol that forms an effective toenail fungus treatment when they are combined together.
How To Use:
To make use of this ingredient, you can try these below ways:
- You can fill up a small basin with Listerine so that you submerge the affected toenails. You will be required to leave this to soak for 15-20 minutes. Repeat this process twice a day until the toenails heal completely. This process will need some dedication because it could take some time to recover from fungus infection.
- A special ingredient listerine should be used with a small brush. This is one of the most concentrated methods that have to be applied for treating toenail fungus infection.
- For another remedy, you can also mix a 1:1 mixture of vinegar and Listerine. As we all know that vinegar is highly acidic in nature.
Don’t Miss: Listerine For Toenail Fungus Treatment – Most Effective Home Treatment
Remedy #5: Mixture of Warm Water and Natural Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the best ingredient to treat black toenail fungus. This special ingredient is highly acidic and it helps prevent you from fungal infection from spreading. Apple cider vinegar is a complementary and effective treatment. However, it is found that paronychia causes scaling and the fungus starts flourishing under the dead skin’s layer.
How To Use:
You can try these following ways to make use of warm water and apple cider vinegar:
- At the first step, simply soak the feet in the basin that is full of apple cider vinegar and warm water in almost equal proportion for about 15-20 minutes.
- After this, try to dry the toenail with the help of hair dryer by simply setting it warm so that it can absorb the moisture in and around the toes.
- Another way you can try to use these ingredients is – make an anti-fungal exfoliating scrubber for best results. For this, you can m ix ground rice flour with just a few spoons of apple cider vinegar. Apply the paste over the black toenail fungus infected area and then rub it into the nail as well as surrounding skin.
- You can try cotton swab to check if the nail is scrubbed well. If you noticed that your skin is sore or cut then you can avoid massaging it and then simply scrub your toenail. This process will help you keep away from dead skin and nail cells. Also, this will keep your skin soft and also prevent from cracking.
- When you complete the scrubbing process, you will have to rinse your feet and let them dry with the help of a soft towel. You can then mix equal amount of olive oil and lemon juice to massage your feet with it.
Look Here For More: Cure Toenail Fungus With Apple Cider Vinegar And Hydrogen Peroxide
Remedy #6: Mixture of Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil
When it comes to the home remedy for treating black toenail fungus, a mixture of lavender oil and tea tree oil works as the best remedy. This will help you fight the fungal infection with an ease. These are the essential oils that contain different volatile compounds that are very beneficial for the foot skin.
How To Use:
You can try this mixture of oils in these following ways:
- At first, you have t put an equal amount of lavender and tea tree oil on a cotton swab. After this, you have to dab it under the top edge of the affected area of the toenail and the area surrounding your toenail for not more than 4-5 times.
- You can also warm both the oils before you use them because skin absorbs more amount of oil.
- Apart from this, you can also make a mixture of carrier oil, lavender oils and tea tree oil. Apply these mixtures of oils on the area affected with black toenail fungus. You should do this before you go to sleep.
- Try to put a pair of thick woolen socks because this will trap the body heat and help you get rid of black toenail fungal infection.
Read This Once: 10 Natural Oils to Treat Ugly Toenail Fungus: 9th One Will Surprise You!
Remedy #7: Use Oregano And Olive Oil
Olive oil and oregano oil, both the oils are essential for treating black toenail infection. Oregano oil is vital oil that has antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-fungal, antiviral, anti-parasitic properties. You can apply this oil along with the olive oil to make your harsh skin soft ad silky.
How To Use:
You can try these ways to apply oregano oil and olive oil:
- Simply mix 2 drops of oregano oil along with just a single tablespoon of olive oil. After this, you have to apply this mixture every day for regular three weeks on the fungus infection affected area.
- If you apply this mixture before you go to bed then it would be better.
Look Here For More: https://www.yellowtoenailscured.com/black-toenail-fungus-causes-home-remedies-treatments
Recommended Solution To Treat Black Toenail Fungus:
1 – Zetaclear
Generally treating toenail fungus is not easy because it involves several reasons. When you have fungus infection and you don’t treat it on time then it can have a bad effect and can also spread to another person as well. Though there are arrays over the counter topical treatments for such infection and these are most popular and most affordable option.
However when you don’t find a proper treatment then you can try ZetaClear for treating black toenail fungus. ZetaClear is one of the effective and efficient products which are specially made for the treatment of toenail fungus. This is a natural product and also medically approved which is used to cure toenail fungus infection without any side effects.
Don’t Miss: Cure Toenail Issues That Occurs Due To Exercise, Running And Playing
Well, this is not a home remedy but we have included it as this is highly effective in treating any type of toenail fungus and is extremely easy to use. This is made up of 100% natural ingredients and that’s why this is used to treat the ugly toenail fungus naturally. EmoniNail is the best product to prevent the toenail fungus from roots of the problem and also prevent the fungus from recurrence.
This is the best fungal treatment which has two step processes. In the first step, you need to apply the solution around the nail with the user-friendly applicator.
EmoniNail helps to promote healthy development while smoothing and softening the cover skin. And in the second step make use of the oral spray solution into your mouth.
Try This: Frustrated with Itchy Toes? Follow These 5 Remedies To Cure it Forever!
This process helps the body natural recovery process and removes the fungus infection easily. It is a natural product and is medically proven to cure toenail fungus infection without any side effects.
How To Prevent Black Toenail Fungus Infection?
With some simple changes in lifestyle, you can avoid a fungal infection of your nails. If you take proper care of your nails by keeping them well trimmed then it is the best way to avoid nail fungus infection.
- Keep your nails clean and moisturized to prevent black toenail
- To keep distance from toenail trauma you need to wear closed toe shoes when working. So that you nails won’t get injured by any hard object.
- Wear some proper fitting shoes in the exercising time especially at the time of running to prevent nail injury.
- Reduce the direct exposure to your feet by applying sunscreen around your toes. As this will ultimately prevent you from having chances of melanoma.
Some other ways to avoid fungal infection are mentioned below:
- Wear those types of socks which decrease moisture
- Always wash your hands after touching your infected nails
- Try to use your own pedicures and manicures
- Getting pedicures or manicures from legal stores
- Always use antifungal sprays or powders regularly
- Decrease the use of nail polish and artificial nails
- After taking shower, dry your feet well and especially between your toes
- Don’t walk barefoot in public places
You Can Look More For Black Toenail Fungus Here
Final Verdict :
In this article, we have included various home remedies for black toenail fungus treatment and these are all effective in their own place. Generally, it is found that home remedies for treating nail fungus might not be a sure cure for toenail fungus but there are popular due to the convenience they supply and free from side effects.
There are plenty of the home remedies available in the blogs that promise for the quick solution and treatment but some of them fail. These are having varied effects among different individuals and it might happen even the best treatment might work instantly so there would be no way to know the effectiveness of the treatment in a while.
Some causes of black toenail fungus and how to get rid of it are also mentioned in this blog so try to avoid such causes due to which it occur very oftenly. I hope, now you must have got enough knowledge on how to cure black toenail fungus.
So, if in case any of the home remedies fail to treat the infection then this might enable infection to grow more and one can waste a great deal of time. So, here in this article, we have provided Other than trying up the natural home remedies for black toenail fungus you can also opt for recommended black toenail treatment options like: Zetaclear And Emoninail. that is a proven remedy to treat toenail fungus without any side effect. This is believed as the quick toenail fungus treatment. That’s it ….the choice is all yours!
Enjoy Your Walk Through The Life…!
7 Proven Ways To Get Rid Of Black Toenail Fungus
Grab detailed information about black toenail fungus. Use prescription-strength home remedies to get rid of black toenail fungus.
Cure Toenail Fungus