Ever heard of treating your toenail fungus issue with bleach? The very first thing that comes to your mind is what a horrible idea is this. Does it really work to treat nail fungus? If you to have such queries regarding the usage of bleach for curing toenail fungus then this post surely clear all your doubts.
As this tutorial has to outline everything that you need to know about treating toenail fungus with bleach. So, start exploring your knowledge on how to use this bleach in an effective manner for treating off the nail fungus without any side-effects.
Bleach For Toenail Fungus
In recent years, the home remedy of using bleach for toenail fungus is gaining popularity. Bleach contains such potent clinical formula which kills 99.9 % Bacteria, germs, and fungus.
It can cause damage to your skin like (burning, soreness and redness) when used in an incorrect way. Though bleach like Clorox helps to disinfect. But to get safe and perfect result you need to understand how to use it in the right way. Using bleach for toenail fungus is quite hard to get effective result because fungal spores are covered with the nail.
So, if you are willing to use bleach to kill nail fungus, then you need to follow all the safety precaution. Apart from the removal of toenail fungus bleach is also used as removing stains from toenail and foot soak to kill fungal spores.
Is Bleach Safe for Toenail Fungus?
Bleach is also known as caustic solution and it can cause severe damage to your skin if not used in safe manner. Risk is almost same in both chlorine and non-chlorine bleach. Application of bleach directly over the toenail fungus can be dangerous and damaging.
You can also use bleach pen as it is not concentrated with any bleach solution. Here are some side-effects of using bleach on toenail fungus.
- Skin damage
- Burning sensation
- Skin discoloration
If you too encounter the same kind of side-effects after using bleach remedy for treating nail fungus then instantly wash it off. If it is left over inspite, of these side-effects then it could cause severe burns to your skin.
Another risk factor is that, if it gets into your eyes then it can cause permanent damage to your eyes or mucous membranes. So, after using this ingredient wash your hands thoroughly. Don’t touch your face or other parts of your body with bleach hand.
It can cause respiratory issue and lungs damage. If you breathe so much of bleach, you may face symptoms like:
- Shortness of breath
It’s better to wear a mask while using bleach soak so that you don’t intake the chemicals inside your body.
How To Treat Toenail Fungus With Bleach?
After knowing about the positive and negative impacts of the bleach over infected toenail fungus, it’s time to know how to use bleach for toenail fungus for more effectiveness. Here are ways to use bleach in different forms to treat toenail fungus.
The easiest and the best way you can try to cure toenail fungus is the use of bleach. Bleach is also known as sodium hypochlorite. It Is a caustic substance and it can irritate the skin very badly. So, to avoid this, you should always dilute bleach with water before you use it on the affected skin. Always try to keep the chemicals away from the eyes and other mucous membranes. Below, you can know how to apply bleach to treat toenail fungus in two different ways:
Method 1#Kill Fungus on Surfaces
- For this method, you need to mix 1 tbsp of bleach with 1 qt. of water.
- Now transfer this liquid mixture of bleach and water into a quart-sized spray bottle.
- The solution is ready to apply to the affected area of your toenail.
- Leave the sprayed bleach solution over the affected skin for around 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes rinse off the affected with water and dab them dry using a paper towel.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Vinegar Soak For Toenail Fungus – Best & Effective Treatment You Must Try
Method#2: Bleach Bath For Toenail Fungus
- Trim off your toenail shorter using pair of clippers. By doing this you are allowing the bleach to work effectively for the affected area. Doing nail filing from the top about 1-2 centimeters. But don’t file too much otherwise it will start to pain.
- Take a large bucket and mix 1 part of bleach in 100 parts of water. Now soak your foot in that bucket for 30 minutes once in a week to kill existing or any new forming toenail fungus.
- Patients suffering from the sever toenail fungus problem must soak their feet for 15-20 minutes.
- After 25-30 minutes rinse your foot thoroughly. Repeat this soaking procedure for 2-3 months until the toenail fungus is cured totally. Don’t lapse the treatment as this will allow the fungus to gain a stronger hold on the toenail.
- You can also apply a small amount of bleach from bleach pen over the infected toenail after taking your bath. Bleach pen release diluted but some potent dose of bleach onto your toenail. It is the best option for those who don’t have much time to perform bleach soaking remedy for toenail fungus.
You can also check out the video to get complete idea on how to use bleach for treating toenail fungus.
Method 3#Bleach Solution Paste
Bleach works effective when combined with petroleum jelly. So here are the steps to use this method:
- It’s recommended to firstly apply petroleum jelly onto the nail.
- Drop 1-2 drops of undiluted bleach over the applied petroleum jelly.
- Leave it there for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
Don’t mix bleach with ammonia or vinegar because mixing these two ingredients will release dangerous chlorine gas. This released gas is harmful to get inhaled.
Never apply undiluted bleach on your toenails as this starts itchiness in your foot.
Method #4: Bleach Pen For Toenail Fungus
Bleaching pens are another perfect way to remove fungus from toenails. It will not only help you cure toenail fungus but also it will also help you get rid of toenail discoloration. Several success stories have been found that suggests using bleach for toenail fungus treatment is very effective.
Using bleach to treat toenail fungus is a very easy process. You just have to remove the cap from the bleach pen and then apply it directly to the affected toenail area. They are very easy to find and they are inexpensive as well.
Bleach pen includes several ingredients that are not typically found in liquid bleach because this pen used to release a thicker and gel-like substance. The ingredients present in this pen helps to lower the concentration of the potent chemicals so it is very safe to apply on your toenails as well as skin. But, if you notice any irritation while using bleach pen for toenail fungus treatment, just stop using it anymore and consult your doctor.
Bleach Side-Effects vs. Natural Treatment Side-Effects
Bleach causes side-effects like burning and itching of the skin, pigments lightening and also damages tissues, respiratory issue due to inhalation.
Don’t use it directly on your skin as in most cases problems like the feeling of slight warmness or itchiness on the affected area after the application of bleach.
It’s possible to encounter adverse reaction in such a topical solution. So, it is also recommended to consult your doctor before approaching for any new treatments.
How To Use Cornmeal For Toenail Fungus Treatment Effortlessly At Home
Whereas, on the other hand, natural remedies are completely free from any kind of side effects. Some most effective natural remedies for treating toenail fungus are:
- Mix 1 tbsp of tea tree oil, ½ teaspoon of orange oil, and a ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Using a cotton ball apply this mixture to affected nail pressing it on gently but firmly so the liquid comes out. Let it dry.
- Firstly, mix 1 cup of vinegar with enough water to soak your feet in. Soak for 15 minutes, and then pat dry with paper towels. Do this by adding several tablespoons of baking soda to a large quantity of water to soak your feet in, and soak your feet for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Mix a part of white vinegar with two parts of warm water and soak the infected foot into it for at least 10-15 minutes. After some time wash your foot well with water, to prevent the fungus from spreading further.
- Take oregano oil with a teaspoon of pure olive oil and apply this mixture on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball. Repeat this within a few weeks to get positive results.
- Apply fresh juice in the infected area and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it with warm water. Repeat this process daily for one month. You can also mix lemon juice with olive oil and give a massage with this to the affected area more better result.
Things You Should Do Before Applying Bleach For Toenail Fungus Treatment
If you are expecting best results after applying bleach on toenail fungus then you should follow these below things to prepare your toenails while using bleach:
- First of all, you should trim your toenails as much as possible. Try to trim your toenails at least t the toe line and then straight across instead of curved. It will be very easier for bleach to penetrate underneath the toenail if your toenails will be closer to the toe line.
- Try to give enough time to yourself to do a proper foot soak. The major downside of using bleach to treat toenail fungus is the process of application. If you do not give at least 30 minutes for the foot soak them it could take really long for a fungal infection to heal.
- If you have brittle toenails or jagged toenails then file them smooth. This will help your toenails from snagging on anything. Also, this will lower the risk of the toenail being pulled away that can happen because of toenail fungus.
- Try to keep your feet dry all the time. Taking proper care of your feet is one of the best ways to prepare your toenail. Also, it will help you to keep your toenails stronger and fight back against the fungal infection.
Alternative Option To Treat Toenail Fungus: Zetaclear
If all these above natural remedies doesn’t help to cure your toe fungus problem and still you are suffering from pain and swelling problem then you can go with this complete natural Zetaclear solution. It’s a highly effective homeopathic product made up with oral spray and topical clear solution. It is made up of natural ingredients that provide safe, fast, and lasting cure from nail fungus. And the most important plus point of this product is that it will cure the infection of the root. Once the infection is attacked from its root it will restrain the nail fungus from spreading to other toes.
Nail fungus is a painful ailment which disfigures the infected nails and makes them yellowish in appearance that makes the affected people feel embarrassed of bringing their hands and bare feet in view of others. But now you don’t need to get embarrassed because Zetaclear is the absolute solutions which will relief you fast from this aliment by killing the harmful fungus and making the nails normal again.
If you are trying the bleach remedy for the treatment of toenail fungus, and still not getting effective result. Then your doctor is able to offer a medical treatment which surely gives faster recovery from toenail fungus issues. So, it will be better to consult with a doctor. Leave bleach solution soaking method if your skin is facing any kind of itchiness.
3 Effective Ways To Treat Toenail Fungus with Bleach
Learn how bleaching can cure toenail fungus without any side-effects. Unveil the potential of bleach to treat toenail fungus right at home as home remedy.
Cure Toenail Fungus