Toenail fungus is really very irritating and is very difficult to deal with. It is also known as onychomycosis officially which most often is caused by moisture. This takes place in a dark area where it is a warm environment.
At such places, toenail fungus is often to occur. In some situations, the nail fungus is caused by yeast or by a mold which is collectively known as toenail fungus or toenail yeast and these both are almost the same things.
Generally, when you have toenail fungus then your nail becomes white or yellow spot on the tip of the toenail. When it begins to develop then the toenail becomes thickened. Ragged, becomes darker, get dull and even there is a foul smell.
You May Also Like: How To Effectively Get Rid Of Yellow Toenail Fungus Infection
When the nail start to separate from nail bed then it is very uncomfortable and is known as onycholysis. If there is no treatment for such disease then it can spread from one to another.
However, treatments are various but home remedies can have an extra effect on nails. It does not have any kind of side effects and it is very much safe to treat.
Causes of Toenail Fungus
Generally, a toenail fungus infection occurs from the overgrowth of fungi in, under or on the nail. Even personal hygiene can also be the causes of gathering the factor because wearing socks and shoes for a longer period of time can create the environment for the fungus to grow.
Moreover sharing socks or some other personal items can be a risk factor. Though there are lots of other ways by which nail infection can spread includes lack of personal hygiene, pH level imbalances, walking barefoot in public places like gyms, pools or baths, sharing footwear with others, after taking bath not drying the feet properly etc.
Look Here: Effectively Treating Toenail Fungus Requires Treatment of Shoes
Wearing shoes for a long time which creates sweat or not changing socks frequently can also increase the toenail infection as it grows in the moist and dark environment.
Some other causes include:
- Those people who give trauma to their toe or the athletes who wear tight-fitting shoes are at big risk of toenail fungus infection
- Your toenail gets infected in damp areas like in shower stalls, public gyms or in swimming pools
- Sharing manicure or pedicure at nail store can also be the cause of infection because you don’t know that those are disinfected or not
- When you come in contact with another person who has a fungal infection can also spread the infection to you and can cause nail infection
- Some other reasons include decreased immunity, abnormal pH level of skin or not drying off the feet after taking shower or exercise
Don’t Miss: What Causes White Toenail Fungus and How to Deal With it?
Effective Ways To Cure Toenail Fungus
Toenail fungus infection can be treated with several treatments like home remedies, laser treatment and using topical solution. All these treatments work so well to cure toenail fungus infection. Here, in the below section, you will get to know about some effective ways to treat toenail fungus infection at home. First, of all, you will learn different home remedies and then laser treatment and in the end part, you will know about a topical solution, Emoninail.
Home Remedies To Treat Toenail Fungus Infection
In order to treat toenail fungus, there are several home remedies that can help you cure toenail fungus infection. Below, you can have a look at some of the most common home remedies for toenail fungus treatment:
Remedy #1: Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has some antiseptic and antifungal properties that can help you a lot in treating toenail fungus infection. You can also use this oil for several other purposes but for toenail fungus, you can follow these below steps:
- First of all, you have to mix one teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil in a few drops of tea tree oil.
- After this, use a cotton ball to apply the mixture to the affected toenails.
- Now leave it for about 10 minutes and then scrub the affected toenail with the use of a toothbrush.
- Try to apply this remedy for two to three times a day for better results.
Remedy #2: Baking Soda
Using baking soda for toenail fungus treatment is very effective and you can follow the below steps to apply baking soda for toenail fungus:
- You can first add one-half cup of baking soda, one-half cup of Epsom salt, one-fourth cup of 3% of hydrogen peroxide to four cups of hot water. Now you can mix the ingredients and then add one-fourth cup of white vinegar to it.
- You can then soak the affected toenail area in this solution for not more than 10 minutes.
- Now just simply wash with clean water and dry your foot thoroughly.
- You can repeat this remedy for two to three times for some regular weeks.
Don’t Miss: How to get rid of Toenail fungus
Remedy #3: Oil Of Oregano
Oil of oregano has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic and analgesic properties. This oil used to make oregano oil as an effective toenail fungus treatment. For this remedy, apply the below steps:
- First of all, you can mix two drops of oregano oil in just a single teaspoon of olive oil.
- Next, you can apply this mixture on the affected toenail area.
- After this, try to leave it on for not more than 30 minutes.
- After you apply the above steps, rinse it off and then dry your toes completely.
- It is better if you repeat this remedy for two to three times a day for some regular days.
Look Here: Who is Most Likely To get Toenail Fungus?
Laser Treatment For Toenail Fungus Infection
If you want to get rid of toenail fungus infection, then you can also try laser treatment apart from home remedies. Laser treatment is yet not an FDA approved treatment but some healthcare professionals are using it. There is no any study mentioned yet that can support its efficiency with about 85% improvements in toenail fungus infection.
How Laser Treatment Work?
The laser treatment is a concentrated beam of light energy that used to vaporize tissue in the treatment area as per the toenail fungus infection treatments. There are different wavelengths of energy that are used in order to treat different body parts area. During this treatment, the fungus is targeted and destroyed by the lasers and kills them and in this way, a fungal infection from toenails are killed.
You May Also Like: Causes of Black Toenail Fungus and How to Get Rid of It
Alternate Treatment: Emoninail
EmoniNail is one of the effective and efficient products which are specially made for treatment of nail fungus. This is the best fungal treatment which has two step procedures. The first step includes the solution around the nail with a user-friendly applicator. This promotes healthy development while smoothing and softening the cover skin. After that, the next step is the oral spray solution into your mouth. Through this process, it will help the body natural recovery process and hence removes the fungus infection easily. This is a natural product and also medically approved which is used to cure toenail fungus infection without any side effects.
In the above-sections of this blog, you must have learned what is toenail fungus infection and what causes. However, the main intention to write this blog is to provide some effective ways to cure toenail fungus. So, you might have also learned here what are the different effective ways to cure toenail fungus and how you can apply them. Just go through each of the treatments and get rid of toenail fungus as soon as possible.
Effective Ways To Cure Toenail Fungus You Should Never Avoid
If you have toenail fungus then don't worry because you can easily cure toenail fungus with some effective treatment at home, so you should try it
Cure Toenail Fungus