This blog will help you in clearing out all your doubt regarding toenail fungus infection. So, get complete answer of all your toenail fungus related queries such as hazards of leaving nail fungus untreated or can toenail fungus spread internally if left untreated etc. and much more….
There is nothing to get surprised that, some of you ignore your fungal infection just by covering up your feet. Most of you who ignore the initial symptoms of toenail fungal infection, might not find any instant issue. But, over the passage of time, due to growth of fungi your nails become thick, discolored, brittle and even causes server toenail pain.
Amongst one out of the two dozen cases, the toenail fungus spread internally or fungus infection enter into your bloodstream. Prolonged ignorance of toenail fungal infection and leaving nail fungus untreated, causes cracks and openings on the skin surface. These openings provide entry to other microbial organisms like bacteria into your body system, which causes various other infections and damages.
So, toenails are also part of your body which require care. Ignorance of fungal infection can lead to serious consequences. In this blog I am going to discuss on the consequences of ignoring toenail fungus. Moreover, this blog emphasizes more on how to resolve common toenail fungus queries like, can toenail fungus spread internally, can severe toenail fungus be cured, can a fungal nail infection make you feel unwell.
What Are The Consequences Of Leaving Toenail Fungus Untreated?
Although, you cannot experience immediate effect of fungal infection, but you may have to suffer the harmful effects of leaving toenail fungus untreated. Here some commonly rendered issues were discussed which patients usually suffers as a consequence of leaving toenail fungus untreated.
- Severe pain and discomfort:
Leaving toenail fungus untreated, will soon undergoes toenail discoloration like issue. As a result of this your nail gets transformed to yellow, black or white in color. There might be thickness or distortion of nail shape. The nail gets lifted from its base which leads to intense pain while walking or wearing shoes. It is quite uncomfortable to walk on the uneven surfaces.
- Chances Of Losing Toenail:
Fungal infection flourishes in wet and humid environments. The space between the nail bed and nail plate is the ideal moist place for the fungal survival. If toenail fungus left untreated, then as a result it can separate your nail from nail bed.
Few cases, require surgical methods to treat toenail fungus even though the nail is not get separated from their nail bed. If infection won’t show any positive result after taking medicines then also it has great chances of nail removal.
If you will leave toenail fungus untreated then, it will spread to other skin tissues around the infected toenail. In many cases skin surrounding the sole and the nails get infected which ends of causing athlete’s foot. The skin becomes intensely red and also thick. You feel itchiness and get cracks on the skin. If you are wearing unchanged shoes and socks for long period of time then there is always chance of spreading of infection. Some of you who sweat a lot have more chances of infection.
If you are a chronic patient of diabetes or having weak immunity then, ignoring of fungal infection can lead other serious complications. You may have foot ulcers, diabetic foot syndrome and amputations of foot. If you are not careful, then chance of getting ‘cellulitis’ is very much possible. Cellulitis requires immediate treatment and medical attention. Weaker immunity will lead to spread of infection to vessels resulting in certain death.
Another untreated Fungal complication also known as ‘Fungal Paronychia’ is less common complication occurring in the toenail. This complication causes your skin around your toenail to swell. The swelling is supplemented with tenderness, redness and pain. In some severe conditions the infection can transmit to bones and tendons. It can be fatal, if the infection enters the bloodstream.
Depending on your severity of infection and immunity there are chances of other complications also. If toenail fungus left untreated then, can cause damage to nerve of the affected area. If you are having circulatory disorders 0r diabetes then, blood circulation can also be affected. In some cases you might get foot ulcers which require harsh treatment for avoiding life-threatening issues.
Can Toenail Fungus Spread Internally If Left Untreated?
With the passage of time presence of fungus results to thickening and discoloration of toenails like issues. Besides that, infection will gradually get spread to other nails of your toes. It works as a source of inviting skin fungal infections, like athlete’s foot.
Well it’s a very rare case that toenail fungal infection get speared to further skin around your nails. But when toenail fungus spread internally then it results in cellulitis (bacterial infection under the skin) or osteomyelitis (infection of the bone). These complications are also common in old age people and those who all are suffering with diabetes. Diabetes sufferer will encounter issues like diabetic toenail fungus infection.
Fungi like other microorganisms can breed if they get adequate moisture and temperature. Our body fulfills both the conditions. Therefore, Toenail fungus can spread internally if left untreated. Given below are some possible body parts through which untreated nail fungus can spread internally:
- From The Fungal Infected Toenail To Other Nails And Foot: Your toenail fungal infection can spread internally from the infected nails to other uninfected nails of hand and foot. For example, if you wear socks of nail infected foot in the uninfected foot.
- Through Private Parts: The private parts provide most suitable environment for fungal growth. If your under garments come in contact of fungal infected nail then the chances of internal fungal infection is certain.
- From Toenails To Hand Nails: Whenever, you touch your fungal infected toenail with your hand nails then, the infection spreads to your hand nail.
- Through The Skin Surrounding The Foot: As you know that the foot is more exposed to outer environment so fungi microbe gets ideal place for growth and easily infect the skin surrounding the foot. This leads to further spreading of toenail fungal infection.
- Fungus Into The Veins: If you are a patient of weaker immunity then, the chances of internal fungal infection into your veins are certain.
- Spread Through Head And Skin: Using towel of infected person then, fungus get carried to your head and skin and cause infection.
Do Fungal Nail Infections Cause Pus?
Appearance of pus around the nails usually encountered in the case of bacterial infections rather than fungal infection. Pus around nails is clear sign that the person is been affected with condition known as paronychia (in this skin infection condition, skin around the nails gets infected). This issue often develops in nail folds. Apart from this, bacterium with scientific name Staphylococcus aureus is also one common cause of toenail fungus.
Are Fungal Nail Infections Contagious?
Yes, fungal nail infection easily passes from one infected nail to another either through direct or indirect means. Suppose, toes next to infected one may get rubbed together and spread infection to other nearby nails.
Using the manicure kit such as nail files or nail polish brushes of a person who is already dealing with toenail fungus. People also has a risk of catching tinea unguium from another when they share public foot-baths or foot-spas, or share same shoes or socks.
How Do You Treat An Infected Toenail?
Take a quick overview over some most effective ways to Treat Infected Toenails. To know how to use these natural remedies to treat toenail fungus, check out the link mentioned on that specific natural ingredient section.
- Vicks Vapo Rub: Vicks VapoRub contains ingredients like camphor and eucalyptus oil, which may help to treat toenail fungus. This natural ingredient contains a range of fungal pathogens which works effectively to treat toenails fungus and hosts immune systems. So, try vicks vaporub for treating toenail fungus infection.
- Tea tree oil: The antibacterial properties of tea tree oil works quite effectively in fighting off the several skin infections. This natural oil contains one very effective thing ingredient i.e clotrimazole. It’s a type of fungal medicine is mainly used to treat toenail fungus. That’s why it’s recommended to treat toenail fungus with tea tree oil even by doctors.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is diluted form of an acetic acid which is harmless and versatile both in nature. Generally, it is used for treating aching, tired and stinky feet like issues. The effective antifungal, anti-microbial properties, shows faster and effective result in treating toenail fungus infection with vinegar.
- Listerine: You can use ‘Listerine’, which contains ingredients such as menthol, thymol, and eucalyptus, which have antibacterial and antifungal properties. One can use Listerine for toenail fungus treatment as it works very well by utilizing the several antiseptic properties and thus it is best for treating any kind of skin fungal infections
Can Severe Toenail Fungus Be Cured?
If you are been suffering with the severe toenail fungus condition then EmoniNail is the best way to get rid of this problematic nail condition. This topical nail solution is made with the main prospective of killing nail fungus bacteria. It works both for toenail and fingernails.
The product contains some FDA approved fungicide like undecylenic acid, and tea tree oil which is popularly known for its fungicidal qualities. Whereas, other ingredients of EmoniNail support good nail health and aid penetration of this topical solution deep within the skin tissues to promote faster healing and prevent occurrence of toenail fungus again in future.
Now, you must have realized that how dangerous it can be to ignore toenail fungal infection. If you will leave your nail infection untreated then, might encounter severe health disorders.
So, you should not ignore your initial symptoms of nail infection. Early detection and treatment will provide you early recovery. This blog contains all the miseries of ‘leaving nail fungus untreated’. Even can you go for solutions provided here and recover from nail fungal infection.
What Happen If Toenail Fungus Is Left Untreated?
Get complete answer of all your queries regarding toenail fungus such as hazards of leaving nail fungus untreated or can toenail fungus spread internally if left untreated etc. and much more….
Cure Toenail Fungus