Toenail fungus infection is a common disease for many people and this infection generally happens to people of old age compared to young age. This is known as onychomycosis and it gets into the nail where it finds warm environment.
Even it spreads from one to another and therefore it becomes very important to get rid of it. Generally, people search for treatment to remove such infection but they are unable to find such treatment. Though lots of home and over the counter remedies are available all are not effective.
Therefore people just want to find the best way to get rid of toenail fungus infection. Generally, foot fungus can sometimes do not look a serious issue but it can be. If this infection is not treated soon then it can move from one toe to another.
Even it can have other defects in the skin of your feet that causes pain and bleeding sores appear. Your toenail will not grow and after some time, it dies. However, knowing how to get rid of toenail fungus can help you to prevent such infection in future.
You May Like This: How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus | Top 5 Home Remedies
Main Causes For Toenail Fungus
There are several causes of toenail fungus infection and some of the causes are mentioned below:
- Because of using the contaminated pedicure equipment, the nail infections can grow and also the nail fungus spread among the clients when they re-use those clippers or files without properly disinfecting them.
- Generally, toenail fungus is a chronic problem and when it develops once on the nail, then it easily spreads to other nails because of direct contact with toes and nails in between. Even with the help of clippers, it can spread and due to this, it is advised not to use the same clippers after it is used on infected nails.
- Those people who are aged and have reduced the circulation in arms and legs such as diabetes patient are more prone to such infection
Look Here: Cure Toenail Issues That Occurs Due To Exercise, Running And Playing
- Those people who are on immune suppressant medications like suffering from auto-immune disorders, cancer or organ transplant patients are at risk of toenail fungus infection. In fact, this disease is also common in those people who are suffering from psoriasis.
- People who suffer from the improper immune system can easily have toenail fungus infection and this is also the reason why elder people have this infection more compared to younger people.
- Generally, senior citizens have a weaker immune system and their natural defenses against fungus infection decrease and don’t have the ability to fight against it.
- Those individuals who are on long courses of antibiotics can develop to the infection of toenail fungus because the antibiotics kills the body’s bacteria and it includes the useful bacteria which checks the fungus in touch.
Visible Signs of a Toenail Fungus Infection Include:
Fungal infection is not painful usually but if you don’t treat the infection then after certain time, it can become uncomfortable or even more painful to walk, wear shoes or stand for a long time. Well, some of the visible signs of fungal infection are mentioned below:
- Yellow or white streaks on the nail that are known as onychomycosis
- Shedding white areas on the nail’s surface that includes bits of nail
- The nails appear yellow spots which are at the bottom and known as proximal onychomycosis
- Buildup of bits and nail fragments under the nail
- Soft and powdery nail surface when the infection gets worse
Try This: Home Remedies For Black Toenail Fungus With Quick To Fix Treatment
Common signs of a fungal nail infection include:
- An unclear nail which may remove from the nail bed and results in loss of nails
- An odor smell coming out from infected nail
- Thickened or brittle toenail
Potential Complications of a Toenail Fungal Infection
- Foot pain– When your nail is infected with fungus then it becomes thick and distorted. When suffering from toenail fungus infection then it can be more difficult to walk wearing shoes.
- Widespread infection– This fungus infection is a particular concern for those people who are suffering from diabetes and with other chronic conditions whose immune system becomes weak. If by any mean the toenail fungus spreads to the skin and cracks it then bacteria can easily get in. After that, the skin may cause cellulitis in which the skin becomes red, swollen and it can only be treated with antibiotics. When the severe case of cellulitis occurs then the infection enters the bloodstream and can be dangerous.
Also Like: What Causes White Toenail Fungus and How to Deal With it?
- Spread of fungus– The untreated toenail fungus can easily spread to surrounding skin and this can be seen in athlete’s foot which is marked by red, itchy, cracked skin. When you wear shoes and socks all day and if your one nail is infected then it can very easily spread as the fungus grows in dark, warm and in a moist environment. Even the infection can spread to genitals and this condition can affect both men and women.
- Loss of nails– There may happen that the infected nail can get separate from the nail bed which is also known as onycholysis. If such condition happens then the nail needs to be removed. In fact, if the nail does not get lose still it has to be removed if it does not get removed with traditional treatments. A procedure known as avulsion is used to remove the nail and also the nail is removed permanently through a process known as matrix ectomy. By doing this, the growing center gets removed from the base of the nail and it does not grow back.
Don’t Miss: Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus
When to Seek Medical Help For Toenail Fungus
When the nail infection gets well established then it often requires medical treatment by using prescription method along with other treatments such as surgical debridement. Moreover, the infection can lead to significant complications of toenail fungus that are very much painful which can also lead to some other infections also. This toenail infection can cause serious damage if the individuals have other infections like weakened immune system or diabetes.
- When the infection is around the nail then it gets red and inflamed because of infection or because of strong natural reaction to the fungus. In addition to that, an odor may also arise when the infection appears.
- When any of the fungus infection symptoms are seen and if you suffer from pain then go for medical treatment soon. This is very important especially when you suffer from an underlying condition which affects circulation or your immune system
- The toenail fungus infection may feel uncomfortable for anyone as it is often difficult to cure. But if there is a proper treatment on time then it will result in quicker and better recovery.
- Moreover when the home remedies treatment does not help then you should go to your physician. Frequently the topical treatments should be mixed with an oral anti-fungal medication which attacks the fungal on a systemic basis.
You May Like This: How To Prevent And Cure Toenail Fungus Infection With An Ease
How To Get Rid of Toenail Fungus
Well, when it comes to getting rid of toenail fungus, there are several treatments you can apply. Some of the possible treatments for toenail fungus are trying home remedies, laser treatment and other topical solutions like Zetaclear. Yes, you can also try Zetaclear if different home remedies and laser treatment fails to work.
But, to know what home remedies can be applied for toenail fungus treatment then you can follow the below link. Toenail Fungus is also known as onychomycosis, so look at the remedies mentioned in the below blog and know how to treat toenail fungus with home remedies.
5 Most Effective Home Remedies to Cure Onychomycosis That You Can’t Miss
Ultimate Treatment: About Zetaclear
At some point of time it becomes very important to cure toenail fungus infection and if it is not treated then it will not get removed and it will spread more. Though treating such infection is hard but not impossible to cure. There are several treatment options available which people can use.
For the treatment of toenail fungus, one of the useful products is ZetaClear. This is the best option to eliminate toenail fungus as this is easy to use and as it is made of natural ingredients so it doesn’t have any type of side effects. This product includes two-step procedures in which the first step is a user-friendly applicator used around the nail.
After using this applicator, the nail becomes smooth and softens the cover skin. The next step is an oral spray which you have to spray in your mouth. With these two procedures, the toenail fungus infection will cure soon and it will be removed without any further infection. This is one of the trusted product that is medically approved and it is one of the first choices to remove toenail fungus infection.
Know The Possible Causes, Complications & Treatment For Toenail Fungus Infection
If you have toenail fungus infection then you should definitely know the causes, complications and treatment of toenail fungus. All these information will be very helpful for you and you will also find the easy ways to treat toenail fungus at home.
Cure Toenail Fungus