Toenail fungus infections are also known as onychomycosis is the very common problem. You may experience inflammation, yellowing, swelling, toenail discoloration, awful odor, thickening or crumbling of a nail.
It is generally not painful unless an infection is spread. The nail fungus tends to flourish certain conditions like the abnormal pH levels of skin, weak immune system, continuous exposure to the moist environment, poor hygiene and diabetes.
If it is left untreated then toenail fungus can cause splitting, cracking, and complete loss of a toenail. But the good news is that the toenail fungus is curable and can be treated reasonably. The different natural home remedies can cure toenail fungus infection in just 2 or 3 weeks.
What Kills Toenail Fungus?
Well, if you want to know the answer of this question then let me make it very clear that there are several ways that can kill toenail fungus but the most effective and the natural way you can try at home is the use of toenail fungus home remedies.
Yes, with the help of natural home remedies, you will be easily able to treat toenail fungus at home. All the home remedies for toenail fungus mentioned below are easy to use and you will get the complete instructions that will help you know how to cure toenail fungus at home with an ease.
You May Also Like: Complete Prevention and Treatment of Toenail Fungus- Make Your Toenail Healthy
Well, those who have toenail fungus they ask “what is the most effective treatment for toenail fungus?” So, to answer this question, it becomes quite difficult to for us because nowadays there are several treatments available to heal toenail fungus.
However, as far as I am concerned I think if you try home remedies for toenail fungus treatment, then it is quite better than any other treatment. This is because home remedies can be easily applied at home. It does not cost much as other treatments do.
Also, home remedies do not have side effects whereas other treatments like taking medicines, surgery, or other topical and oral treatments may have side effects. So, you can look below at some common and most effective home remedies for toenail fungus treatment.
Home Treatment #1: Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is mildly acidic which help you to prevent toenail fungus from spreading. And at the same time kills bacteria and fungi as well. So, you can try apple cider vinegar for toenail fungus treatment with an ease. Look at the below instructions to know how to apply apple cider vinegar to treat toenail fungus.
- Mix equal amount of water and apple cider vinegar. After this soak your toenail in this solution for around 30 minutes. When it is done dry your toenails carefully. When it is used for few weeks, you can notice the improvement very quickly.
- Well, other another option is to make antifungal exfoliating scrub by some coarsely ground rice flour with few spoons of apple cider vinegar. After this apply the paste on or around the affected toenail and gently scrub the area. Do this for few weeks. This remedy will help you to get rid of dead skin cells and make your skin soft.
Look Here: 5 Best Remedies To Treat Toenail Fungus During Pregnancy
Home Treatment #2: Try Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has some antiseptic and antifungal properties which help in the toenail fungus treatment. this oil is used to treat toenail fungus as well as other kinds of skin infections as well. To apply tea tree oil for toenail fungus, you have to follow these steps:
- Mix few drops of tea tree oil in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil.
- With the help of cotton ball apply the mixture on the affected toenail.
- Now leave it for 10-20 minutes and with the toothbrush gently scrub the affected area.
Perform this two or three times daily till you get the satisfying results.
Home Treatment #3: Don’t Forget To Use Baking Soda
Baking soda is the most common remedy that is available in kitchens and help in curing toenail fungus. It also helps in neutralizing foot odor. To make use of baking soda for toenail fungus treatment, you have to follow these steps:
- Add ½ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide and ½ cup of Epsom salt in 4 cups of hot water. Mix all the ingredients well, and add ¼ cup of white vinegar.
- Soak your infected toenail in this solution for 10 minutes.
- Wash it with clean water and dry your foot carefully.
- Repeat this same process daily for few weeks.
Try This: Top 10 Ways to Treat & Avoid Athlete’s Foot
Home Treatment #4: Make Use Of White Vinegar
White vinegar is the best ingredients for toenail fungus treatment as it fights with the infection and helps in restoring the skin’s pH. you can follow these below steps to use white vinegar for toenail fungus:
- Mix a part of white vinegar with 2 part of warm water.
- Soak your affected toenail in the solution for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off and then dry affected area carefully.
- Repeat this twice a day until nail fungus is gone.
Remember: If your skin is irritating then add more water to the solution, repeat this process another day instead of daily.
Home Treatment #5: Use Oil of Oregano
Oil of oregano got the antiseptic, antiparasitic, antibacterial, antiviral, analgesic and antifungal properties. It makes the oregano oil the effective treatment for toenail fungus. To make use of oregano oil for toenail fungus treatment, you can follow these steps:
- Simply mix 2 drops of oregano oil in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Then apply the mixture on the affected area
- Leave the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- After this just rinse it off and dry your toes thoroughly.
- Repeat this once or twice daily for 3 weeks to get a satisfying result.
The above natural remedies will surely help you to get rid of toenail fungus.
Try This: Best Topical Toenail Fungus Treatment
If you want to get rid of toenail fungus as soon as possible then you should apply the above home remedies. These are very effective home remedies and you can see their best results after just applying them for two to three regular weeks. You can try all these remedies easily at home and you don’t even need much effort to prepare all these remedies.
Apart from home remedies, you can also try other treatments like laser treatment, surgical method or you can also try a topical treatment like EmoniNail. Yes, this is the best product you can use to treat toenail fungus effectively.
This topical solution does not have any side effect and it is affordable as well. You can also read complete review of Emoninail to know better how this can heal toenail fungus easily and even without any side effects.
5 Insane Ways To Treat Toenail Fungus Effectively At Home
If you have toenail fungus infection and looking for a solution to treat toenail fungus infection then you can try some natural home remedies at home like apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, oregano oil, white vinegar, baking soda and more.
Cure Toenail Fungus