As we all know that nail fungus comes with different characteristics. Sometimes the nails become yellow or discolored, crumbly or thick. The area surrounding the nail is also affected negatively. You have to suffer from so many problems when you have a nail fungus like itchiness, inflammation and the redness of the skin.
Usually, it also bleeds from the infected area. When you try to get rid of this toenail fungus, you always look for home remedies but do you know that Neem oil is the most beneficial home remedy you can apply to get rid of toenail fungus.
Yes, it is true, you can use neem oil for nail fungus treatment. This is very effective in treating toenail fungus infection. You can try very simple steps to apply neem oil fungal toenails treatment. But, before that, let us have a look at what causes toenail fungus infection and what neem oil is.
Causes of Toenail Fungus
Generally, a nail fungal infection occurs from the overgrowth of fungi in, under or on the nail. Even personal hygiene can also be the causes of gathering the factor because wearing socks and shoes for a longer period of time can create the environment for the fungus to grow.
Moreover, sharing socks or some other personal items can be a risk factor. Though there are lots of other ways by which nail infection can spread. They are: lack of personal hygiene, pH level imbalances, walking without wearing shoes
- lack of personal hygiene
- pH level imbalances
- walking without wearing shoes in public places like gyms, pools or baths
- sharing footwear with others
- after taking bath not drying the feet properly
- Walking Barefoot In A Public Place
- Trauma Or Injury To The Toenails
- Pedicure Treatment
- Circulatory Issues
- Having Athlete’s Foot
- Wearing Fake Toenails
Wearing shoes for a long time which creates sweat or not changing socks frequently can also increase the toenail infection as it grows in the moist and dark environment. Now, it’s time to have a look at what is neem oil and is neem oil beneficial for toenail fungus treatment.
You May Also Like: Vicks Vaporub For Toenail Fungus Treatment – Should Definitely Try It Once
Some other causes include:
- Your toenail gets infected in damp areas like in shower stalls, public gyms or in swimming pools
- When you come in contact with another person who has fungal infection can also spread the infection to you and can cause nail infection
- Sometimes you may also figs that you have some toenail issues after pedicure which may also include toenail fungus infection
- Those people who give trauma to their toe or the athletes who wear tight-fitting shoes are at big risk of toenail fungus infection
- Some other reasons include decreased immunity, abnormal pH level of skin or not drying off the feet after taking shower or exercise
What Is Neem Oil?
Neem oil is actually extracted from the seeds and fruit of the tropical tree named, Azadirachta indica. It is also known as Indian Lilac. As the name suggests, this tree is indigenous to the Indian subcontinent where it enjoys the stats as a scared tree.
This is an evergreen medium-sized tree that grows wild in almost all kind of soil and terrain in the tropical and subtropical regions of the world.
Neem tree is a native tree and it produces the most effective and the essential oil called Neem Oil. This oil is used as topical oil and it can be toxic if this oil can be ingested. This oil can be used to treat nail infections, for anti-aging purposes, to soothe eczema, and to clear up acne as well. Sometimes, you can also try neem oil for athlete’s foot treatment.
You May Also Like: 10 Natural Oils to Treat Ugly Toenail Fungus : 9th One Will Surprise You!
Is Neem Oil Beneficial For Toenail Fungus Treatment?
Here the most important question arises, whether neem oil is beneficial for toenail fungus infection or not. Well, as per the users’ reviews, it has been concluded that using neem oil for toenail fungus infection is quite effective. So, you can also try this remedy to make use of this oil and get rid of toenail fungus infection as soon as possible. Now, in the below section of this blog, let us know how to apply neem oil for toenail fungus treatment.
How To Use Neem Oil For Toenail Fungus Infection?
As mentioned above, neem oil can be used for different purposes but here, in this blog, you will learn how to use neem oil to treat toenail fungus infection:
- Take a warm shower or bath to soften the nail.
- Now trim the nail and remove fungus beneath the nail.
- Next, you have to warm up a bottle of Neem oil under hot tap water to melt the oils.
- Now shake the bottle to blend well and put just two drops of oil under each nail.
- Try this for at least two weeks.
You can apply all these steps to apply neem oil for fungal toenails. The steps are very easy to apply and there is no need to spend much time on its application.
Neem Leaf Paste
One easy way of using Neem oil is by making the paste Neem leaf powder. You can add little amount of water to make thick consistency of it. After then apply this paste on your affected area of toenail fungus.
Let it dry for 20 minutes or until the paste begin to harden. For more benefits add chickpea flour, turmeric powder, or rose petals. First try it on a small area to see how your skin reacts.
One time tested method is combining small amount of powdered Neem, brahmi and turmeric with favorite cosmetic clay. You can add just enough amount of water, milk or yogurt to get the desired consistency. Apply this mixture on to your affected area and then leave it there for 10 minutes.
Try These For Toenail Fungus Treatment:
Listerine For Toenail Fungus Treatment – Most Effective Home Treatment
Cinnamon Oil: Best Toenail Fungus Treatment
Benefits Of Neem Oil For Treating Toenail Fungus:
Apart from using neem for treating nail fungus, it can also be used to treat several of your health issues. So, acknowledge yourself that how neem effectively treats several of your health problem and how to use it well.
You can also use neem leaves for boosting up your immunity. For this just crush some neem leaves and take them with glass of water .
It works great as a wound healer, so make a paste of neem leaves and dab it on your wounds or inspect bites at least few times a day until it get healed.
Best For Dandruff:
For the treatment of dandruff boil a bunch of neem leaves till the water turns to green. After then let it gets cool and wash your hair with this water mixture. At last wash your hair with normal water.
If you are facing irritation or tiredness or redness in your eyes. Boil some neem leaves in a pan having water and let it get cool down completely. After then wash your eyes with it. This will remove any kind infection from your eyes.
Other skin disorders:
For treating up some mild skin diseases combine turmeric with a paste of neem leaves. It works great for treating itching, ring worm and nail psoriasis.
Treat that zit:
Neem leaves are also useful for treating any kind of eruptions, dark spots and chronic ulcers. For this you need to grind some neem leaves, after then apply this paste on daily basis till the acne dries out.
Look at the most common benefits of neem oil for nail fungus in the below pictorial representation.
How To Prevent Toenail Fungus Infection Other Than Using Neem Oil?
When nail fungal infection happens to everyone then it becomes very difficult to prevent but there are ways to decrease the chances of getting infected. Some of the ways by which one can avoid nail fungal infections are mentioned below:
- Never go barefoot in locker rooms or in public showers
- Wear protective gloves to avoid caustic skin agents
- Always remember that nail infection can spread from one person to another, therefore one should wash their hands and feet after contacting another person with nail infections.
- When any manicure or pedicure is done then the instruments should sterilized before using to any person
- Always keep your finger and toenails trimmed and never chew on fingernails or the skin around them.
- Try to keep your feet dry and clean as much as possible
- Use some antifungal spray or powder in shoes and especially in gym shoes
- When sweat comes from the sock then it reduces moisture which can encourage the survival and growth of nail pathogens
Know More About Benefits of Neem For Toenail Fungus Here
Neem oil can be very beneficial for treating toenail fungus. It can be used in different ways and can get the best results after applying this oil for some regular days.
This is very common issues and it needs to be treated in time to avoid any further issues.
You can also have a look at some benefits of neem oil for toenail fungus in the above pictorial representation.
Well, apart from this, you can also try some other oils as well like eucalyptus oil to cure toenail fungus and you can also tea tree oil to treat toe nail fungus at home.
Or, if you want your toenail fungus to improve in a short time then you should skip all these remedies and make use of Emoninail. You can try this toenail treatment and get rid of toenail fungus soon. So, all the very best for whatever you select to treat your fungal infection.
How To Use Neem Oil For Treating Toenail Fungus?
Learn how to use Neem oil to treat toenail fungus that not only cures ingrown toenail but also prevents it from growing using it's extra medicinal qualities.
Cure Toenail Fungus