A white spot is a frequently reported complaint in individuals of all age group and sometimes these spots develop around the cuticle of the fingernails or the toenails.
In the above white toenail pictures, you can see that the toenail has become white in color and how does white toenail fungus look like. Well, a fungal infection that affects the outermost layer of the toenail may cause a bright white discoloration of the toenail.
Sometimes, times when we bump our fingers or toes on a hard surface then the force of impact causes minor injury to the root of a nail which leads to a whitish area that disappears when the nail grows out. This is also known as white toenail fungus. These may be caused due to several reasons.
What Causes White Toenails
Below you can have a look at some of the points that will let you know what causes white toenails fungal infection.
- Allergy: White fungus on toenail may cause as a result of allergic reaction to products such as nail paints and other irritants like detergents, chemicals and other cleaning products.
- Injury: If the toenail is injured then it may become discolored after a few days. A fungus can also penetrate after the initial injury has taken place. Such spots do not appear immediately but can take place after the product has been used for a long period of time.
You May Also Like: Toenail Rot – Important Facts & Treatments That You Can’t Overlook
- Fungus: There are different situations when white spots on the nail can be a sign of a more serious condition. A fungus is one of the major causes for white spots taking place in nails and these spots can also be from the air and soil. Covering nails with nail paints can arise as the nails may lack oxygen and so it encourages nail fungus growth. Sweaty feet can also be a great medium of toenail fungus.
- Nutrition Deficiency: Nutritional and mineral deficiency can lead to white spots on the toenail. Calcium, zinc and vitamin E are the major source of healthy nails.
- Disease: Some systemic diseases whose symptoms include the nail turning whitish and white nail can be a sign of kidney failure. Also, there are some serious liver conditions like cirrhosis can also lead to white spots on toenails.
How to Get Rid of White Toenail Fungus:
You can get rid of white toenail fungus using the below-mentioned home remedies. In some cases, white spots should not be a major concern as the condition disappears on its own. But if the white spots on the nail do not get disappear then it is always recommended to consult a doctor.
Home Remedies To Get Rid of White Toenail Fungus:
Tea Tree Oil:
It has been observed that tea tree oil can be very effective in the treatment of nail fungus, especially the strains that used to associate with WSO (White Superficial Onychomycosis) and those are supposed to be resistant to medication. So, applying tea tree oil would be quite beneficial for treating white nail fungus.
Try This: 7 Healthy Ways To Kill Toenail Fungal Infection You Absolutely Can’t Miss
In order to use vinegar for white toenails fungus treatment, you have to simply dip the affected part in vinegar that has been diluted with water for about 30 to 40 minutes. You can try this method for 3 days to get rid of white toe fungus.
It has been observed that camphor or menthol can kill fungus and it can also penetrate the toenail’s surface better when in form of an ointment. Apply these oils for 30 minutes every day for some days to get better results.
A Good Diet:
If you are looking for a long-term and natural remedy for this condition, then it is always suggested to take a meal that consists of zinc, vitamin E and calcium. These can help you a lot in preventing white toenail fungus.
Look Here: Causes of Black Toenail Fungus and How to Get Rid of It
Know More About White Toe nail Fungus Here
Most probably, a fungal infection of the toenail is caused by a fungal microbe which occupies toenail bed. Fungal nail infection causes the toenail discoloration, thickened toenails and cracked or split toenails. In fact, the toenails can become so thick that it can be pressed against the inside of shoes that causes irritation, pressure etc.
So, it becomes very important to know the best white toenail fungus treatment and if it is not treated then it will not get removed and it will spread more. Though treating of such infection is hard but not impossible to cure. There are several treatment options available which people can use.
Though treating such infection is hard but not impossible to cure. There are several treatment options available which people can use. Apart from the above home remedies, you can also try a product called EmoniNail. This is the best option to treat toenail fungus. This is easy to use and as it is made of natural ingredients so it doesn’t have any side effects.
Don’t Miss This: 7 Insanely Useful Tips That Help to Cure Toenail Fungus Overnight
Tips To Prevent Toenail Fungus:
There are several ways to prevent the toenail fungus infection; in fact, all the prevention method is not 100% effective. However, it becomes necessary to observe the toenails for any types of symptoms of toenail fungus infection and after that, you can search for the treatment immediately. Therefore, if you treat your fungal infection sooner, the treatment will easy. Even if you come to know about the infection before it spreads on the entire nail bed then the treatment will become easier and it will take less time to cure.
Look Here: Prevention Is The Best Cure For Toenail Fungus
- It becomes very important to make sure about nail salon purify all metal equipment. The pumice stones, nail files and grinders should never be used again and it will be better than you bring your own equipment.
- Avoid stretched contact with moisture because this can include sweat. When your feet sweat abundantly then you should change your socks and use some powder to treat the issue.
- Never use a nail file on the uninfected nails without disinfecting them isopropyl alcohol
- Don’t wear tight shoes for a longer period of time
- Warm, moist and dark environment support fungal growth and therefore you should wear loose and open-toed shoes so that the environment is dry.
- Remove the infected nail as soon as possible and this will be easier to do after taking shower or bath because the nail will be soft and easy to wipe off.
- At last, you should do instant treatment if you think that you are infected with toenail fungus.
If you have noticed that you have white toenail fungus with the help of above-mentioned signs and symptoms, then try to get rid of it. You can get rid of white toenail fungus with the effective home remedies mentioned here in this blog. These remedies are so easy to apply and it shows so effective results that you should definitely apply them.
White Toenail Fungus: Everything You Should Know About This Toenail Issue
Now you can get the best white toenail fungus treatment with the help of some natural home remedies and other topical solutions. You can try all these treatments and get the best results to know how to get rid of white toenail fungus.
Cure Toenail Fungus