Once your feet is get infected with toenail fungus it’s hard to kick it off. So it’s better to take some preventive measure before the condition of your nail get worse because as we all know “Prevention Is Always Better Than Cure”.
Unless you are addicted of open-toed sandals or pedicures, you probably don’t pay much attention to the health of your toenails but there other this reasons also to keep your toes in shape. And that is toenail infection which affects the toenails and if left untreated, the fungus will spread and even eventually destroy the nail. Furthermore, because the fungus is typically painless, people are often unaware that they even have a problem.
You May Also Like: Toenail Rot – Important Facts & Treatments That You Can’t Overlook
Preventing Toenail Fungus From Spreading
You can’t avoid microscopic organisms that cause toenail fungus but by keeping your feet clean and dry can help you in preventing the infection. If you stop spreading it further at its starting stages then only you can cure it. Here are some preventive measures that will help to spread the infection further:
- Wash off your feet and pat them dry before wearing off your shoes.
- Cut toenails straight across so that the nail doesn’t reach to the tip of the toe. This will also help to protect the fragile tissue under the nail.
- Wear those shoes that allow your feet to breathe. If your feet become moist, immediately change your socks and wear dry one.
- Keep your shoes in sunlight at least once in a week as it removes off the bad smell and the bacteria too.
Wait…Some More Preventions Are There….
- After proper cleaning up the nail cutters and other pedicure tool use it.
- Wear those types of socks which decrease moisture
- Always use antifungal sprays or powders regularly
- Getting pedicures or manicures from legal stores
- After taking shower, dry your feet well and especially between your toes
- Don’t walk barefoot in public places
- Decrease the use of nail polish and artificial nails
Getting rid of already established toenail fungus can be a difficult task. Successful elimination and to cure toenail fungus depends on careful adherence to a treatment plan.
Look Here: Say Goodbye To Toenail Fungal Infection With Our 6 Step-By-Step Guide
Marlene Reid, a podiatrist and spokesperson for the American Podiatric Medical Association explain “What happens over time is that the fungus breeds in the nail tissue and goes from being just a little bit on the nail, to a really discolored and thickened nail, to a nail that is totally embedded with fungus,”. So, immediate treatment is very important to prevent the fungus from spreading further.
Treatments To Cure ToeNail Fungus Infection:
#1: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is mildly acidic and prevents toenail fungus from spreading. It is quite effective in killing off the bacteria and fungi.
- For this, you just need to mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and then soak your nail into the solution mixture for minimum of 30 minutes daily. When all done, leave your toenail thoroughly to get dry. When used daily for 2 weeks, you will very soon see improvement.
- Another option is to use an anti-fungal scrub that is made with ground rice flour and few spoons of apple cider vinegar. Apply this paste on and around the infected nail and gently scrub that area. Repeat this at least few times in a week. This remedy will also help you to get rid of dead skin cells and keep your skin soft.
Try This: How can probiotics helps to treat toenail fungus – A Proven Remedy!
#2: Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil works as an antiseptic as well as has an antifungal property that will help a lot in treating toenail fungus. This oil is also very effective in treating other kinds of skin infection.
- Take few drops of tea tree oil along with one tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Mix it well and then apply it over the infected area using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes and then with the help of a gentle toothbrush scrub the affected nail.
- Repeat the same process 2-3 times daily until you get satisfied result from it.
#3: White Vinegar
White vinegar is very effective ingredient for treating toenail fungus as it helps to fight the infection and maintains the skin’s pH level. For this you need to:
- Mix 1part of white vinegar with 2 parts of warm water.
- Then soak your nail into it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off your nail after that and then leave it to dry.
- Repeat this at least twice daily until the fungus is treated.
Note: if you are noticing that your skin becomes irritated, add more water into the solution and repeat the process skipping one day.
Don’t Miss This: What Causes White Toenail Fungus and How to Deal With it?
EmoniNail: An Alternate Option
For the treatment of toenail fungus, one of the useful products is EmoniNail. This is the best option to cure toenail fungus as this is easy to use and as it is made of natural ingredients so it don’t have any type of side effects.
Steps To Apply EmoniNail
This product includes two-step procedures in which the first step is a user-friendly applicator used around the nail. After using this applicator, the nail becomes smooth and softens the cover skin.
The next step is an oral spray which you have to spray on your mouth. With these two procedures, the toenail fungus infection will cure soon and it will be removed without any further infection.
This is one of the trusted product that is medically approved and it is one of the first choices to eliminate toenail fungus infection.
Well, if you have toenail fungus infection then you can easily treat it well with the help of some natural home remedies. Or, if you don’t want to get any such kind of infection then you can prevent it well with the help of some prevention tips. Some tips are mentioned on this blog and they are very easy to apply and follow the tips for your betterment.
Prevention Is The Best Cure For Toenail Fungus
Having toenail fungus is very irritating and so there is a great need to take some prevention and cure for toenail fungus. Know what are they.
Cure Toenai Fungus