The complete post is regarding Spoon Nails (Koilonychia) disorder. So, if anyone having this issue with their nail then just go through this complete post and easily get rid of this Spoon Nails issue.
This post covers every necessary aspect regarding Koilonychia nail disorder like its symptom, causes, home remedies and prevention and much more….
What Is Koilonychia?
Koilonychia is one such nail problem that occurs in fingernail and toenails. Commonly it is known as spoon nails, where the nail bed becomes flat or concave and waves like shape are visible on nail surface. Well nail appears wavy during the condition of mild Koilonychias but in severe cases nails develops spoon shaped indent in the middle.
What Are The Symptoms Of Koilonychias nail?
- Nail will acquire the shape of spoon like projecting outwards from the edges and getting thinner shape in the center.
- Shape and color of the nails change with this nail disorder. Nail becomes concave in shape and the nail plates become thin. The outer part of nails can also get detached.
- Pain and swelling are also common symptoms meanwhile this and nail also come out from the nail bed.
- Color of bottom surface of nail can change in secondary infections.
- Surface of nail plate starts appearing very dry which raises the chances of nail separation.
What Are The Causes Of koilonychias Nail Problem?
Well there are many factors that are responsible for disorder of toenail shape. Actually the disfigurement starts with the thinning of the nail and then keeps on getting lifted. Some most common causes of this koilonychias disorder include:
- Patella syndrome
- Poor function of thyroid hormone
- Reynaud’s syndrome
- Poor capability of iron absorption
- Muscle skinning
- Deficiency of iron
13 Myths About Toenail Fungus You Should Definitely Know
What Are The Risk Factor Associated With Koilonychia?
If your nails get curved inwards like spoon, you many have the following disorders:
In this health disorder red blood cells effectively get reduced due to iron deficiency in the body.
in this condition body contains excessive of iron.
Common condition, affects the blood supply to your toes and fingers, which cause them to turn white.
HAVE A LOOK:
3 Most Active Ways To Remove Ingrown Toenail You Should Try
It’s a very uncommon condition where the immune system starts attacking the body’s cells, tissues and organs.
Home Remedies For Koilonychias Spoon Shaped Nails
Check out the following home remedies for the perfect treatment of your Spoon Shaped Nails.
1#Stop Wearing Ill Fitting Shoes:
Ill fitting footwear causes such spoon shaped nail problem in children particularly. So avoid wearing tight and poor fitting shoes from now onwards.
2#Keep Your Nail Moisturized:
For getting rid of this koilonychias nail disorder, regular massage on your toenail with small quantity of Vitamin E oil. Keep moisturizing your toenail using some good quality moisturizer.
3#Eat Iron-Rich Healthy Foods:
- Iron deficiency is also one the causes of such chronic health issues and thus it leads to problems like koilonychias. So, to treat this take advice from your doctors. But take it after proper consultation.
- Consume good amount of green leafy vegetables is highly essential for your good healthy nails. Eat veggies that are rich in source of iron.
- Similarly, your regular diet also has to comprise of foods that give your body plenty of minerals, vitamins and protein.
4#Take Good Care Of Nails:
- Frequently trim your nail, to minimize your susceptibility to spoon nails.
- If you are a professional worker at spa or any beauty center and you have to work with strong chemicals. Then in that case wear gloves to protect your nail coming in contact with harsh chemicals.
5#Say NO To Artificial Nails:
Under the artificial nail, moisture gets accumulated. This gives a perfect shelter to the bacteria, fungus etc. this ultimately gives raise to infections.
So, prevent yourself from using such nail decorative items very frequently. As, these are very harmful for your nails and also have various side-effects too.
DON’T MISS IT:
Know Everything About Toenail Trauma: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatments
6#Avoid Damage To Nail Bed:
Nail biting or picking up the cuticles also affects the nail bed very badly; therefore it’s better to avoid these habits as much as you can.
7#Use The Exfoliating Properties Of Baking Soda:
The bleaching and exfoliating properties of baking soda can help you in removing stains from the nails.
Mix 2 and 1/2 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of 3% of hydrogen peroxide, in a small bowl then apply this mixture on the stained nails using a cotton swab. Leave it on for 3-4 minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water. Repeat this process after every six to eight weeks.
Or else mix 1 tbsp of baking soda, one half tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of lemon juice to make a thick paste. Rub the mixture on your nails using a soft toothbrush. Keep it for five minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
How To Treat Koilonychias (Spoon Shaped) Nail Disorder?
As, it is well known that due to the presence of toenail fungus shape of your nail gets distorted. Likewise the issues of spoon shaped nail disorder are also one of the common problems caused by toenail fungus. When your nail gets infected with this disease then it makes nails wavy or even spoon shaped. This type of problem is not ignore-able, and nails may get distorted if not treated at the perfect time. If no any other cure is working effectively to treat such then it’s better you should to try Zetaclear for at least once.
This is the single product that has to deal with the fungal infection of nails, this Toenail fungal treatment is the best solution because it is approved by medical professionals and able to deal with fungal infection particularly at the nails, which is a natural product.
Some of you may have found this nail disorder as a serious concern. Whereas for some it’s a strange formation of the nails of which you need not to get concerned. But your little ignorance regarding this may take you to harsh paining of the nail. Often it’s a sign of something far worse that is not easily recognizable. So, that it is important not to ignore the problem associated with your nails.
You need to keep some patience while using above home remedies and not to expect the overnight result. So good luck…..!
7 Effective Ways To Treat Koilonychias (Spoon Shaped) Nail Disorder
The complete post is regarding Spoon Nails (Koilonychia) disorder. This post covers every necessary aspect regarding Koilonychia nail disorder like its symptom, causes, home remedies and prevention and much more.
Cure Toenail Fungus