Do you have any idea what is toenail fungus and who gets toenail fungus? Well, there are several people who can get toenail fungus infection but this infection occurs only due to certain circumstances.
If you are keen to know then don’t wait for anything just read the below sections of this blog because you will get your answer here only.
Generally, there are three different types of fungus are responsible for infecting your toe, either being alone or in combination. They are dermatophytes, molds and yeast. First, of all, learn about these fungi and then know who is most likely to get toenail fungus due to these fungi.
Types Of Fungi That Causes Toenail Fungus Infection
- Dermatophytes are kind of fungus that grows on the hair, skin, and nails. They remain on the surface and do not enter deeper into the body. Athlete’s foot is caused by dermatophyte, Trichophyton rubrum, which in turn, can contaminate toenails. You can even be infected by coming into contact with objects that have dermatophytes, like nail clippers, clothing, nail files, shower, shoes, and locker room ceiling, carpet, etc.
- Yeasts are a fungus that spreads on skin and nails. They are available on human body like normal. Things like birth control pill, antibiotic or sickness and immune system issues may give rise to yeast growth, promoting yeast contagion.
- Molds (often called dermatophytes) are a category of fungus that frequently cultivates in soil and on skin and nails. They cannot be transmitted between people.
You May Like This: Causes of Black Toenail Fungus and How to Get Rid of It
Fungi grow best in warm, moist areas, like around the toes. But you can encompass fungi on your skin without having nail disease. If you are vulnerable to such infections, they may revisit, even after unbeaten treatment, particularly if you don’t take prevention.
Who Gets Toenail Fungus Infection?
Do you have any what kind of people gets toenail fungus infection? If you already know then it is well but if you don’t know then don’t miss the below section of this blog.
The toenail infection occurs more in men compared to women and this infection is found mostly in adults than in children. In your family member, if someone has the nail infection then it can easily spread to you as well.
This type of infections has the highest risk of getting into adults because their nails have poor circulation and also their nails grow slowly and thicken as they age. But apart from this, let us have a look and know who gets toenail fungus infection. Below, you will get a clear view of what kind of people gets toenail fungus.
People With Certain Health Issues
Some people who have some common health issue are most likely to get toenail fungus. You will have a higher risk of developing a toenail fungus infection if you have one or more of the following health issues:
- Cancer and are receiving chemotherapy
- Had any toenail infection
- Athlete’s foot
- Poor blood circulation in the toes
- Received an organ transplant
- Weakened immune system due to a disease like human immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV)
- People in your family frequently get nail infections
- Injured a nail or recently had nail surgery
People With Some Lifestyles
Several people are there and all have their own lifestyles. So, people will have higher risk of getting toenail fungus infection if and only if they:
- Have wet feet frequently throughout the day
- Walk barefoot in a hot or humid place like locker room, public shower or pool
- Wear plastic gloves for hours every day
- Spend a lot of time in water
- Wear closed-toe shoes, tight-fitting especially if you have sweaty feet
Yes, when it comes to finding the people who gets toenail fungus, then there are several reasons that lead you to get toenail fungus infection.
The risk of developing a fungus infection increases with age. It is most common in old age and also least common to have toenail fungus in children. Generally, children before the age of 6 are rarely to get toenail fungus.
Look Here: What Causes White Toenail Fungus and How to Deal With it?
Visible Signs of a Toenail Fungus Infection include:
Fungal infection is not painful usually but if you don’t treat the infection then after certain time, it can become uncomfortable or even more painful to walk, wear shoes or stand for a long time. Well, some of the visible signs of fungal infection are mentioned below:
- Yellow or white streaks on the toenail that is known as onychomycosis
- Shedding white areas on the toenail’s surface that includes bits of toenail
- The toenails appear yellow spots which are at the bottom and known as proximal onychomycosis
- A buildup of bits and toenail fragments under the toenail
- Soft and powdery toenail surface when the infection gets worse
- An unclear toenail which may remove from the toenail bed and results in loss of toenails
- An odor smell coming out from an infected toenail
- Thickened or brittle toenail
Try This: How To Effectively Get Rid Of Yellow Toenail Fungus Infection
How To Diagnose Toenail Fungus Infection?
When fungal infection appears then it is recognized by its appearance. However, there are also other infections which can cause toenail problems which look like a fungal infection. The fungal infection can be confirmed by laboratory test before treatment and it has some risks. Some of the diagnosis of toenail fungus infection is mentioned below:
- Sample of toenail is examined under a microscope to detect fungi
- When white superficial onychomycosis (WSO) is seen then a piece of toenail surface is taken for examination
- The taken sample may be treated with a solution made of 20% potassium hydroxide so that it can verify the occurrence of fungi by reducing debris and human tissue in the sample. The case may also be treated with dyes which make the process easier to see the fungal structure via microscope which helps to identify the precise species of pathogen.
- The toenail is clipped and cleaned with an alcohol wash to eliminate bacteria so that the fungal structures can be easily visualized with a microscope.
- When the doctor found the Distal Subungual Onychomycosis (DSO), then a sample is taken from the toenail bed to be examined. This sample is taken from site closest to the cuticle where the infection is of great effect.
- However, to identify the candidal toenail fungus infection, doctors take a sample from affected toenail edges which is near to cuticle along with the edges of toenail
- When subungual onychomycosis (PSO) is found then the sample is taken from the underlying toenail bed close to the lunula
Don’t Miss: Cure Onychomycosis Of Toenail
When to Seek Medical Help For Toenail Fungus
After you know what causes toenail fungus, it is important to know when there is a need to seek medical help for toenail fungus. When the toenail infection gets well established then it often requires medical treatment by using prescription method along with other treatments such as surgical debridement.
Moreover, the infection can lead to significant complications that are very much painful which can also lead to some other infections also. This toenail infection can cause serious damage if the individuals have other infections like weakened immune system or diabetes.
This toenail infection can cause serious damage if the individuals have other infections like weakened immune system or diabetes.
- When the infection is around the toenail then it gets red and inflamed because of infection or because of strong natural reaction to the fungus. In addition to that, an odor may also arise when the infection appears.
- When any of the fungus infection symptoms are seen and if you suffer from pain then go for medical treatment soon. This is very important especially when you suffer from an underlying condition which affects circulation or your immune system.
- The toenail fungus infection may feel uncomfortable for anyone as it is often difficult to cure. But if there is a proper treatment on time then it will result in quicker and better recovery.
- Moreover when the home remedies treatment does not help then you should go to your physician. Frequently the topical treatments should be mixed with an oral anti-fungal medication which attacks the fungal on a systemic basis.
You May Like This: 10 Home Remedies For Treating Sweaty Feets
How To Treat Toenail Fungus Infection If Diagnosed?
Generally, a fungal infection of the toenail is caused by a fungal microbe which occupies toenail bed. Fungal nail infection causes the toenail to discolor, thicken and also lead to onychoschizia or split toenails. In fact, the toenails can become so thick that it can be pressed against the inside of shoes that cause irritation, pressure etc.
Therefore it becomes very important to treat the fungus infection and if it is not treated then it will not get removed and it will spread more. Though treating of such infection is hard but not impossible to cure.
There are several treatment options available which people can use. However, the most common and the effective toenail fungus treatment you can apply is the home remedies. Yes, with the help of some remedies, you can easily treat toenail fungus or you can also call it onychomycosis. So, try to make use of some effective home remedies to treat onychomycosis or toenail fungus infection.
Or, apart from home remedies, you can also try laser treatment for toenail fungus treatment and get rid of this issue forever.
Ultimate Treatment: Use EmoniNail
For the treatment of toenail fungus, one of the useful products is EmoniNail. This is the best option to eliminate toenail fungus as this is easy to use and as it is made of natural ingredients so it doesn’t have any type of side effects.
This product includes two-step procedures in which the first step is a user-friendly applicator used around the nail. After using this applicator, the toenail becomes smooth and softens the cover skin. The next step is an oral spray which you have to spray in your mouth.
With these two procedures, the toenail fungus infection will cure soon and it will be removed without any further infection. This is one of the trusted product that is medically approved and it is one of the first choices to eliminate toenail fungus infection. Or you can also try over the counter toenail fungus medication to kill toenail fungus.
Look Here: Toenail Rot – Important Facts & Treatments That You Can’t Overlook
Toenail fungus is very common in people whose profession is related to athletics, swimmer, sweeper, fishermen, etc. Yes, people who spend almost their time in swimming pool, rivers, gyms and other public places.
But, if you find that you too have toenail fungus infection then it is very important to know complete information about toenail fungus and cure this issue with the help of some home remedies. Home remedies are the easiest ways to treat toenail fungus.
Or, you can also treat it well with EmoniNail. This is packed with two solutions – oral and topical solutions to cure toenail fungus in an easy way.
Who Gets Toenail Fungus Infection Due To Several Issues
There are several people who gets toenail fungus infection but do you know that what kind of people gets toenail fungus infection. If no, then don’t worry because here you will get to know who is most likely to get toenail fungus infection.
Cure Toenail Fungus